Painted furniture is quickly becoming a favorite option to buying new furniture. It is back in fashion. Adding beauty and value to your home décor, painted furniture is highly demanded in the market. The furniture that is painted gives a modern, new look to the entire decor. Infact it is one of the cheapest option to make your furniture look new. But then there are painted furniture that gives a traditional and ethnic look. Such furniture pieces are usually hand painted with colorful figures and other objects, depicting the ancient history theme of rajas and maharajas.
Types of Painted Furniture
Painted furniture is basically divided into the following groups:
- Freehand Painted Furniture: Here the craftsman decorate the furniture piece by applying paint with a brush directly to a surface, making a pattern or motifs. Such colorful free hand paint motifs are usually seen in armories, chests, cabinets etc.
- Stenciled Furniture: Here, a stylized design cut from paper or acetate is placed over the furniture piece. Paints are “brushed” through the open areas of the stencil, thereby forming the design.
- Grain Painted Furniture: Graining is a process of paint decoration intended to bring the look of exotic wood grains like mahogany, oak, maple, rosewood, etc. Dry pigments, suspended in an oil or vinegar solution are applied over a base color, usually red or yellow . Different materials like rags, brushes, feathers, combs etc. are used to create a variety of textures and patterns.
- Regular Painted Furniture: This is one of the most popular options for those who a new look in the house but cannot afford to buy a new set of chairs and table? You can get the look that you desire by simply painting your painting your furniture.
- Copper & Copper Emboss Painted Furniture: This is one of the most upcoming product in the market in which the furniture pieces is painted with copper or other metal embossing on the surface which give a very elegant and attractive look to the piece.